Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Leaving in December

One of my teammates left a couple of weeks ago and that got me thinking. I had always planned on staying the full time until March mostly because there wasn´t a good reason not to but recently thinking about leaving and my plans for my future has convinced me that I do have a good reason to leave before March.

As I am sure many of you know God has put the work here in Mexico on my heart. He has convicted me about the need and given me the desire to work here. I was thinking about what that would mean and what I would need to do to prepare for my long term ministry here in Mexico and what it came down to is that I would need to go to the preaching school in Lubbock. To be honest this isn´t really what I want to do. I would much rather just stay here in Mexico and work, but I know that I do need more schooling to better prepare me for my work here as a missionary. My coordinator gave me a good metaphor: I can stay here and dig holes with my hands or I can go back school and get some tools to dig with.

Practically this means my plan is to return in December and work until the school starts in August. My hope is that I would be able to work with the church as well another job and take the time to be at home and save up some money. By leaving in December this also means I will be able to keep my dividend which will help financially and allow me to do more in His kingdom.

I thank you all for you unwavering love and support in my work here. I am very blessed that I get to live and work in such an amazing place where I can see God working on the hearts and the minds of the people every day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Good for you thinking things through. Let us know how we can help you at all. Are you planning to go to Sunset or UAA? Do you want to work here in Alaska or in Texas (maybe start as an assistant early?)? We want to support you however you need. It's a tough transition from the field to home no matter what your goals for the future are, although goals do help keep you focused! Keep us informed! We love you and are SO proud of you.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete