Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Holidays

I wasn´t expecting to enjoy my first Christmas in Mexico as much as I did. I thought it would be much harder missing my family (church and blood) and that I will feel out of place. Thanks to God that I had neither of those problems.

The holidays have been a great break for us after finishing up Spanish classes to just be able to be with the people. I have eaten so much amazing food and had many good conversations with my church family here.

Christmas here is a little different. Instead of being on the 25 it is the night of the 24 and the tradition is to stay up all night playing games. The family I was with made tamales, pozole (a very traditional soup that is eaten at pretty much every celebration) and atole (a corn based hot chocolate). I thank God that he gave me an amazing church family here to be with.

I ask for prayers for the new church I will be working with. The family that is starting it has had many struggles and one of the men just got layed off. Please pray for them that they can have comfort and peace while God brings them through this difficult time. I know that God has amazing things planned for this work and I am very exited to be part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment