Friday, December 17, 2010

Flying by


This is me painting our apartment. It needed it!

My time here has just been flying by. It seems like just yesterday I walked off of the plane a bit scared but very exited! We are 6 and a half months in and I am falling more in love with the people, the place, and God each day. It is so amazing to be able to see Him moving in such a powerful way.

With the holidays coming everything has become just a bit more hectic. Downtown is full of people shopping, there is about double to traffic and everyone is just a bit more crazy it seems like. Our ministries have been changing and my focus has shifted from learning Spanish to reaching out to the people (not that we have not been trying to do this the whole time.) After the craziness of the holidays and my trip calms down I will be starting with giving English classes. The exiting part is that (Lord willing)I will be working in a poorer part of town with a new church that is just being planted. The potential for God to work in highly visible ways is tantalizing and I am so exited to get to work for Him in this capacity.

With as much excitement as is going on we are having some struggles too. One of my teammates had to return to the states for surgery and although we thought she would be able to return this next week she has been postponed due to slow healing. She will not be returning until after Christmas which while a blessing to be able to spend it with family she wants to get back to work! Another one of my teammates lost a large portion of her support with no warning this month and so she is unsure of what she is going to do. Please pray for my team that God will use these bumps in the road to achieve His greater glory!


This is a Mexican culture joke. The slang for biceps here is conejos or rabbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment