Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Serving, living, loving

These last two weeks after the retreat have been kind of slow in comparison. The church is moving and doing amazing things and it is a very exiting to time to be involved in the work here. We are looking to start planting two new churches next year and as the church of León Sur is taking leadership of itself and becoming more independent this frees us to work on more outreach into different areas.

Our Spanish classes are within mere days of being completed and with the holidays rapidly approaching and the advent of having more time I am looking into finding new ministries to be able to reach out to the amazing people here. One of these I am looking at is English classes using the bible. This has always been something I have been exited for and I am exited to get started with it.

One ministry that we are trying as a group is designated disciples. I have three young men that I am trying to reach out to and build a relationship like Paul had with Timothy and several different men have had with me. The names of these three guys are: Carlos, Álan, and Christian. Please pray for these guys. They have busy lives and Satan is just as active in their lives as he is in mine and yours. My goal is to journey towards a closer relationship with God with them.

I ask that you pray for me with the upcoming holidays coming up. I am very exited to experience a Christmas in Mexico but it is always hard to be away from family (physical and church) during the holidays. I ask for your prayers in my ministries that I can reach out effectively to our brethren here in Mexico. God has blessed me so much through you and I thank each and every person for the prayers that you offer for me and the work here in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment