Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Retreat in Ixtapa

This last week we had the Mexico Missionary Retreat in Ixtapa. It is amazing how refreshing it can be to hear lessons and singing in your own language. I got to meet missionaries from all over Mexico and be encouraged in my ministries. There were 30 missionaries, missionary kids and AIMers total. To see the glory of God in his creation was something that I had been missing. That is one thing that I have found very hard about living in the city. I don't get much time to just sit and admire the beauty of God's creation.

The church that meets here in León is moving forward. We announced elders this last Sunday. This is an incredibly exiting for the time for the church. This is the ultimate goal of missionaries and even though I have only been here for the very last part of the process it is exiting to see the church I am working with growing. Please keep praying for the church here in León.

I would like to thank everyone for all of the prayers and love that I have received. Working on the field is hard at times but it makes it much easier knowing that I have a God who is able to do all things and a home congregation that is praying for me. I love you all in His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment