Saturday, October 2, 2010

God is alive

My life has been changing a lot recently. The first way is that we have moved onto the next part of our Spanish class which is researching about a person that effected the Latin world in Spanish then writing a paper about that person also in Spanish. This has been pushing and stretching my Spanish skills. I am getting to where I am able to communicate and talk with my brothers and sister here in Mexico in their language and the praise goes to our heavenly Father.

When I was told I was going to a field where I would have to learn a language I didn't realize what that really meant and how much frustration there is in not being able to communicate with someone. At first it really got me down and I definitely had some very hard days being frustrated that people didn't understand me and I felt very helpless. Now I have gotten to a place in which I am able to get into peoples lives to work with the people.

As a team we are preparing for a presentation to the new AIM class for a team next year. I am not traveling to Lubbock to help give the presentation but we have been filming for the last couple of weeks.

One thing that is new is we have started doing classes with our coordinator. The first part of our time here was very hectic as we had people leaving, moving, and all kinds of other things happening. Now that we have been able to settle down a little bit we have started a class every Friday where we get to do the sit down side of being his apprentices.

I ask for your continued prayers for my work and this amazing journey that God has put me on. I am incredibly blessed to have this opportunity and I thank our God for your participation in it with me.

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear, Chris. I'm glad to see how you've been growing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chris. We are so proud of you! I'll spread the word about your blog post with the congregation tomorrow. I'm really glad to hear that you are having study time with your coordinator. I think that says a lot about Omar, and your relationship. Stay strong, and have fun serving God!

    ~James

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job man! keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete