Sunday, August 29, 2010

My work this week

This last week has been a weird one. I was sick for two days so that kept me from doing a lot and really put me out of the loop. It is very hard to be sick on the field where a person feels guilty for every second that is wasted and even more so for an entire two days.

On the positive side I got to go to the Children's Home on Saturday for the first time in a couple of weeks. We try and go every week on Saturday but for the last 3 or so Saturdays either the Children's Home had been doing something or we had been doing something that prevented us from going. The kids were so exited to see us and immediately latched on, this isn't word play they literally did. I got to play the game where two kids grab unto my legs and i walk along with them hanging on. This seems to be one of their favorite games. Actually just tackling me in general is one of their favorite games. These kids put WWE wrestlers to shame when it comes to jumping off of high places onto people.

The really cool part of this story is that today the kids were able to come to church and although they were late they got to go to class. It is very exiting to think about the seeds that are being planted that God will be able to work with.

Our team is going through a bit of a rough time right now so prayers for us would be greatly appreciated. The devil will use any tool that he can to drive wedges between us and God, and us and our fellow Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment