Saturday, August 21, 2010

Update!

This last month has been a busy one (I know! I am very sorry it has been a month)I have been hitting Spanish class pretty hard and in between visiting families, being sick, and trying to figure out how to get all my homework done in one day I have been pretty busy.

The biggest story right now is that we are preparing for the Youth Conference in October. The missionary who was in charge of the youth has returned back to the states and so the youth are stepping up and taking charge of this themselves. It is amazing to see the things that God can do with situations that may seem sad at first.

A couple of weeks ago we returned to Cañada to do a series of bible lessons with the Children there. The group that I was working with was learning about the importance of non-violence and conflict resolution. One story that really sticks in my mind is about a little very, very poor girl. All of the children there were very poor but most were clean and had decent clothes. This little girl was very dirty and had a dirt stained orange shirt, shorts, and a pair of very old shoes on. She wasn't part of the group of children in the class but was hanging around anyways. I invited her to come in but one of the girls from Cañada told her no so she wouldn't come in. Then one of the guys who came with us invited her in again and told her to sit down. The look on that little girls face as she watch the puppets was one of those things I wish I had a camera for. She was enthralled and it just goes to show you that you never know when and where Jesus will be able to reach out and touch a life!

One thing that I have started to go to is a small group about an hour, by bus, away. It is in a very poor part of town but the people who participate love God deeply and with my improving Spanish I have been able to communicate better with them! I thank God for opportunities!

Mexico is celebrating it's bicentennial this year and I ask for your prayer as the nation and people of Mexico move into the next day, week, month, year, or decade of their lives that they will be open to the Gospel and as many souls as possible will be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment