Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Roller Coaster

These last two weeks can best be described as a roller coaster. I have had some very awesome days that i felt productive was happy with myself and I have had a few culture shock days were all I wanted to do was sit down and cry. The good thing is that I know God is working in my life through either situation whether good or tough.

Last Saturday we went to the capital of the state in which I live Guanajuato (that is the name of the state and the capital city and is abbreviated GTO) and we had a youth rally with the youth group from GTO. It was quite an interesting experience because most of it was in Spanish so I got a really good chance to practice. The kids were great though and we all had fun and encouraged one another even if we couldn't all speak to one another.

So I wanted to talk really briefly about something cultural here in Mexico. Mexicans love soccer! I never had any interest in it at all but being down here it is addicting. Now the point to all this is that soccer is something that brings the church together. When the AK group was down here we went to the Deportiva (a sports park) and played soccer as a church. When Mexico played France in the world cup people from the church met up and we watched it together. It is amazing the things that God can use to strengthen and build up his family!

2 comments:

  1. hi chris,
    your blog is wonderful. we will bookmark and it and look at it often. it sounds like you might be a soccer player by the time you return? :)

    jud and tanya scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks man!! you are a fresh experience for AIMers in Leon!!! keep going!

    ReplyDelete