Sunday, June 27, 2010

Work, work, and more work


God has blessed me with plenty to do recently. I was worried that while in spanish class I would not be able to do anything. Well that just isn't quite true. I have been very busy. At the end of most days I stop and go where did the day go and worry about the homework that I have yet to do. Life is just busy but that is such a blessing from God.

One activity I have been doing is prepareing for a VBS down in southern Mexico. I will be traveling 21 hours by bus down to a small city named Chetumal on the 9th of July. The church in Chetumal is very small, only four families, and so our goal is to try and reach out to the community through the work with the Children. I ask for prayers for this mission.

Yesterday I had another cool experince. We drove out to a government housing area about 30 minutes away from where I live all the way across town and we planted trees. The idea of the project is to create a housing area that is nice, green, and fosters a sense of community in the area. Some time soon we will be going back and teaching classes, to the children there and at another place much like it, about good character traits.

No comments:

Post a Comment